Jan 24 2020

The Roslyn Grist Mill Has Lift-Off & Upcoming Tucker 1044 Appearance on Tuesday

Roslyn Grist Mill Lifting Day was featured on several television channels and Newsday last Thursday.

The 2020 Long Island Car Council Meeting has been scheduled.

If you wish to promote your car show to 3,000 viewers per week (no charge), please email your flyer to Howard@Kroplick.com .

Enjoy,

Howard Kroplick

Thursday, January 23, 2020 Photos courtesy of Greg Apisson

Roslyn Grist Mill Lifting Day, Roslyn , New York

WCBS-TV News, January 23,2020

Newsday: Centuries-old grist mill in Roslyn gets a much-needed lift.

Congressman Tom Suozzi, me and architect Nancy Rankin

Town Supervisor Judi Bosworth, Congressman Tom Suozzi and me.

From left to right: Nassau County Parks Commissioner Eileen Krieb, Nassau County Deputy County Executive Brian Schneider, Nassau County Executive Laura Curran, me, Town Clerk Wayne Wink, Town Councilperson Peter Zuckerman, Town Receiver of Taxes Charles Berman and Town Councilperson Veronica Lurvey.

From left to right: Town Councilperson Veronica Lurvey, Nassau County Legislator Delia DeRiggi-Whitton. Nassau County Parks Commissioner Eileen Krieb, me, Nassau County  Executive Laura Curran,Town Clerk Wayne Wink, Town Councilperson Peter Zuckerman, Deputy County Executive Brian Schneider and Town Receiver of Taxes Charles Berman .

The topping off ceremony by by construction manager Chris Cole.

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Tune in to NBCSN on Tuesday, January 28th at 9:00 PM EST for “Winning Amelia”, an exciting television program featuring the Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance! The program will be rebroadcast again at midnight EST.

There will be a segment featuring Tucker 1044.

"Winning Amelia" - Trailer from Gemstone Media Inc. on Vimeo.

Tucker 1044 makes an appearance at 1:00 mark.

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Boca Raton Concours d’Elegance, Boca Raton, Florida

Sunday, February 16, 2020

2020 Car Club Council Meeting, Levittown Town Hall

Sunday, March 8, 2020

Annual Flea Market & Car Corral- Vanderbilt Cup Region-AACA, Smithtown, NY

Comments

Apr 28 2019 Gerald Malkes 1:06 PM

Love this newletter…concise and to the point….well devised

Jun 23 2019 William Viola 7:22 AM

I really enjoy hearing from this site.  You do a fine job for the hobby. Thanks.

Jul 06 2019 Steven Vilardi 11:58 PM

I believe the Atria Show is in Lynbrook July 7th corner of sunrise and peninsula Blvd

Jul 07 2019 ARTHUR YACKEL 11:38 AM

GREAT NEWS LETTER HOWARD

Jul 13 2019 Al Prete 6:12 AM

Don’t forget the show at Sagtikos Manor today!

Jul 13 2019 Al Prete 2:22 PM

Sorry, the Sagtikos show is tomorrow (July 14).

Aug 10 2019 Lou DiVito 3:45 AM

Always the most interesting auto site. I look forward to all info and pix of old Long Island. Thanks Howard

Oct 13 2019 Dick Gorman 5:06 PM

One of many Long island Auto events of the weekend, October 12, 13….
I was at the Rand Luxury Classic Car aAuction on Saturday. About 60 delicious cars up for sale. One was a 1935 Packard Super Eight Roadster. Another was a 1934 Lincoln 523 Dietrich Roadster. See attached pics. This was a very elaborate event with brunch, drinks, and automobilia vendors. The cost of entry was pricey at $75 for non-bidders and $150 for bidders. BUT… because I am a subscriber to Vintage Motorsport Magazine I got complimentary tickets for my wife and I for NO dollars and NO cents!!!
Some observations… there seemed to be a lot of No_Sales but a 1959 Ferrari 250 GT received a bid of $1,100,000. Also I believe that every Ferrari on Long island was either being sold or out in the parking lot. Lots of fun

image image image
Jan 24 2020 Brian D McCarthy 8:44 PM

Great footage of the Roslyn Grist Mill! Looks that everything went smoothly, that’s what happens when you have a plan. I did want to see this in person, but couldn’t make it. Knew you would fill us in, thanks Howard.

Jan 25 2020 Art Kleiner 11:14 AM

Yes, Brian - great attendance, many officials, ability to witness it up close and personal and great media attention!  Howard put on a great show!

Jan 26 2020 S. Berliner, III 7:32 PM

Lotsa politicos and such but no actual lift footage that I could find; that’s for what I was hoping.  Fantastic stills, though; wow, to see it up above the roadway!  Sam, III
______________________________________________________________

Howard I

Patience. We have 90 hours to edit.